In Women’s Wear Daily last week, NPD reported that nail color sales in department stores were up a whopping 59% in the first 10 months of this year. Now I know department stores polishes have been slightly creeping up in prices, but I don’t think it’s increased 59% in the past year, so… nail polish has been having a good year, to say the least.
When I was going through my all natural beauty product kick a few months ago, I tried to minimize my nail polish collection (I gave away ~50 polishes), because really, no matter what kind of green/natural-washing nail polish companies do, it’s just NOT natural. However, we as consumers can make more educated decisions and look for polishes that are”3-free“. That said, I just like nail polish. It makes me happy! So, off came the nail polish ban and up went my collection count.
Here are my current favorites:
- OPI Designer…de Better (from The Muppets Collection) – This is such a pretty shimmery silver base with bronze colored flecks in it. I LOVE IT ON, and I’ve worn it for the past 2 weeks, and that’s saying a lot, with the amount of nail polishes I have. Lovely for this season. Random – I’ve really enjoyed looking at my nails in hot yoga class when I’m wearing this color.
- OPI Warm & Fozzie (from The Muppets Collection) – I didn’t want to put two polishes from the same collection on here, but I just really like these two. Warm & Fozzie is the glittery, shimmery version of foliage changing colors.
- Deborah Lippmann Single Ladies – I totally ❤ Lippmann polishes, and this one wears beautifully. Dark, vampy red – perfect for the holidays.
- Chanel Blue Satin – oldie but goodie. Love wearing this dark, almost-black blue with blue shimmers particularly when the weather gets really cold. The shimmery blue keeps it from looking too angsty.
- Essie Lady Like – This one has been pretty popular on the beauty blogosphere since it’s release in the fall, and it’s easy to see why. It’s a pretty pinky mauve and is sophisticated without being boring. I have the baby version that came in one of the Essie sets of 4, and I’m ACTUALLY thinking about buying the large version.
What are your current favorite polishes? Please share! (Also, if you’ve already done a blog post or video on it, feel free to link it below in the comments so everyone can see it!)