When I think about stocking stuffers, I always start with what I personally use and like – I think it’s extra special to say “This is my favorite [fill in the blank] and I thought you’d really like it too.”
So recently I went through my beautybagg and here’s what I’m going to get for my family and friends this year:
- Model Mirror – This mirror is freaking brilliant. It’s a sizable compact mirror that flips open; one side has LED lights on it and it lights up your face so you always have adequate lighting wherever you are. I originally got this when I was getting ready to go on an expedition to Antarctica (yes, Antarctica) so I could make sure I wasn’t a total ogre emerging from my tent, but because it is powered by batteries it is heavier than your usual compact mirror. So I ended up not taking it, but it has earned permanent residency in my handbag. Check out two of our favorite Youtube beauty gurus Raeview and makeupfreeek’s videos where they talk about this. Also, use the code Mirror Mirror for 25% off until December 24, 2011!
- RealTechniques Blush Brush – Brushes might not be the first thing to come to mind when you think of stocking stuffers, but THIS BRUSH IS AWESOME. I have quite a few blush brushes, and this is my favorite – it’s incredibly soft, and the shape is right in between a traditional blush brush and a tulip brush. When I stayed at my sister’s house over Halloween, I did her makeup and used this brush, and she immediately asked me for mine. I said no way (as a younger sister is inclined to do), but made the mental note to get it for her as a stocking stuffer.
- Fairy Drops Mascara – Let me just tell you – Japanese mascaras are the BOMB (do people still use this word?). They don’t smudge, and they do an EXCELLENT job at volumizing and lengthening. My hypothesis on this is that the vast majority of Asians (myself included) have short lashes that are prone to smudging, so Asian mascaras were developed to address these issues. In any case, this is my current fave. My sister got this for me in Asia, but Sephora carries one of the versions.
- Deborah Lippmann glitter polish in Boom Boom Pow – This glitter polish contains 24K gold dust, which is totally unnecessary, but it’s a polish that I own that I think is just really special, and I know most of my friends would like this but would not pick it up on their own.
- Small nail polishes – I have Orly’s Rage pictured above (which is one of my top 10 favorite polishes), because I don’t have the actual polishes I’m giving away yet. I ordered the Sephora by OPI Glimmer Wonderland Eighteen Piece Mini Nail Colour Set, and I’m going to split it and give a few to each person on my list. I can’t think of a single friend or woman in my family who wouldn’t like some fun nail colors, and Sephora by OPI polishes are great.
- Revlon Lip Butters – These have been all the rage in the virtual beauty community as of late, and I have collected 11 thus far. I think EVERYONE would like these, so I plan on giving out Creme Brulee (nice nude-ish neutral that almost anyone could pull off) and Berry Smoothie (easy to wear sheer berry shade).
- Animal print coin zip – I got this one at Madewell on clearance for less than $10, and it’s such a great accessory to have. When I went to the Jay-Z and Kanye West concert earlier this week (which was AMAZING, by the way), I used just this and put a lipgloss, lipstick, ID, and some cash in it. Perfect size and on trend.
Are there items in your beautybagg that you think would make great stocking stuffers? What stocking stuffers would you like to receive?