Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? I’ve been making them every year since I was 13, and this year I plan on continuing the tradition and also keeping in mind some “beauty resolutions” for the new year.
General health – along the theme of beauty from the inside out, we all know what we do and what we consume affects our overall well being, including mood and appearance. With that in mind, my health-related beauty resolutions are:
- Continue with heated yoga – not only is it a phenomenal workout, but I sweat and rehydrate so much that I feel detoxified every time I go. It could be psychosomatic, but I feel like my skin is clearer too (probably due to all the water, which leads me to my next resolution…)
- Drink more water – the rule of thumb when going on trekking expeditions is to drink at least 2 liters of water per day, but back in normal life, this isn’t something I follow.
- Eat more fresh veggies and fruits – despite my addiction to packaged salty snacks, fresh veggies and fruits have vitamins and antioxidants that I need to have more of.
Beauty/personal care product-related:
- Use sunscreen everyday – I need to do this even when it’s cloudy, and I need to start putting it on my arms too.
- Nail Polish Out 2012 – this is a big one for me. Because I have so many polishes, I need to enjoy what I have. So in 2012, I can only buy up to 12 polishes! I got the idea from Sandra, who writes one of my favorite beauty blogs, and she did a 5 nail polish restriction for 2011. I already have two on my wish list.. Revlon Whimsical (a supposedly more opaque dupe of Deborah Lippmann’s Glitter in the Air) and Sephora by OPI Don’t Feed the Hand Models.
Do you have beauty resolutions for 2012? Please share with us!