The month of February was mainly about taking care of the skin on my face and body. I was plagued with hormonal breakouts so had to give my skincare trials a break and focus on clearing that up, and the weather has been super dry so I’ve been forced to moisturize nearly daily, which is a new record for me. Also, I left some items in my shower, so those are not pictured.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar K – This was one of the products that Mimi gave me in our product swap, and I’ve really been liking it! It’s 1.5% salicylic acid and feels gentle on my skin. It’s not fast-acting but seems to get the job done. It has a “fresh” scent that all other La Roche Posay products have; I’m not a huge fan of that but that won’t keep me from using it up.
- Clarisonic Deep Pore Brush Head – I’ve previously used only the sensitive brush head, but I switched at the beginning of February and am LOVING the Deep Pore Brush Head!! It feels softer than the sensitive head, and my blackheads do seem less than usual.
- Albion Skin Conditioner – I don’t know WHAT this toner does but it’s amazing. My face feels like it can absorb the products I use after this so much easier, and my skin looks visibly more moisturized and supple. I only use this at night.
- The Body Shop Body Butter in Brazil Nut – My body has been unbearably dry and this has been doing a GREAT job of keeping it moisturized and supple. It does have parabens in it, so I’m just trying to use it up and won’t be repurchasing.
- LUSH Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner – I love that this one step in the shower moisturizes my body, and I love the smell.
- LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids soap – One of my favorite soaps of all time; couldn’t get enough of this smell this month.
- Phyto Phytodensium Shampoo – Still loving this shampoo. When I use it, it seems that my daily hair fallout is less. However, I have noticed that it can create a lot of build up in my hair, so I use this about every 3 shampoos and in between use a more clarifying shampoo (one that is clear, not creamy).
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Blush Nude – I try using other light nudey lip colors but always go back to this one. It’s just really the perfect shade of pink nude that looks nice if you’ve got heavier eye makeup on.
- Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Big Money – I LOVE this glitter nail polish!! Two coats gives you exactly what you see in the bottle – I could not help staring at this while I had it on. The combination of gold with purple is strange but so pretty. HIGHLY recommend this if you want an opaque glitter nail polish! This Gem Crush line has other colors too, in case gold with purple isn’t your thing.
- Revlon Nail Polish in Starry Pink (renamed Popular) – I had this on my nails for about 1/4 of the month and really loved it. It’s a nice, soft pink with silver glitter of differing sizes. Felt very feminine and playful.