Today’s post is brought to you by our friend Jocelyn, who has her own beauty blog, Fanatic Obsession. Jocelyn is in her early twenties, and as the title of her blog will indicate, she’s a bonafide beauty fanatic!
Hello readers! My name is Jocelyn and I am here to present my top 8 beauty products! Ever since my sister gave me my first set of makeup back in middle school, I have been obsessed. Throughout the years I have tried many different products, but these are a few of the ones I continue to reach to. Let’s get started!
1) Urban Decay Primer Potion: Primers make a world of difference in eyeshadow vibrancy and staying power. I have tried MAC paint pots, MAC paint tubes, NYX Jumbo eye pencils, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay’s Primer continues to be my number one. I always use it when I am doing make up and it is a really great product.
2) DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: After reading reviews on DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, I decided to give it a try. Deep cleansing oil has the consistency of olive oil when you first put it on but once you rinse it with water, it emulsifies leaving you with residue free, clean skin! This oil completely removes makeup, sunscreen, and dirt, while hydrating your face. My face felt so much cleaner and softer after using this and I will never go back to any other face wash again!
3) Oshima Tsubaki Oil: This product is 100% pure camellia japonica seed oil. Just one or two drops on my damp hair (focusing on the tips) left my fine, overprocessed hair silky smooth without feeling the least bit oily. My friends who have very thick, volume hair find that this really helps with the poofiness of their hair. It can also be used for hot oil treatments and as a moisturizer.
I find that this 100% oil is better than most hair products out there that are filled with all sorts of unnatural fillers silicone or alcohol. It doesn’t weight down hair and it naturally and effectively provide your hair with moisture.
4) Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners: I have tried a lot of eyeliners (revlon colorstay, UD 24/7, Anna Sui, and MAC pen ultimate) and although they are alright, none of them were 100% smudge proof. Aqua liners really are generally 100% smudge proof. NO RACCOON EYES AGAIN!
Although I will say, the liner gives a very strong line. It’s great for the dramatic look but for a more natural look, it will probably need to be soften up with eyeshadow.
5) M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish in REFINED: One of my all time favorite things ever! M.A.C.’s mineralize skinfinish in Refined. This MSF was part of the 2009 sugar sweet collection and is described as Tan/peach/coral melange. I have completely finished using one already (and makeup addicts know how hard it is to finish using a single product while there are so many new products out there to tempt us with.)
The reason why this particular skinfinish is so amazing is that unlike most mineralize skinfinish from MAC, it isn’t too frost nor does it have glitter. It is subtle enough that it brightens up my face (I use it as a highlight) without looking over the top. Also, it is the absolute perfect match for my skintone! Unfortunately it is no longer available so I am constantly on the search for a new highlighter.
6) Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment: Although probably not normally considered a beauty product, Aquaphor Healing Ointment is the most effective product I have found to combat extremely dry skin and lips. When my skin was raw during the winter, I found that even the most expensive creams would sting and burn. This is because, according to my dermatologist father, creams and lotions (anything white) is a mixture of ointment, water, and alcohol whipped up. This mixture can be extremely irritating to cracked, dry skin. Products like Aquaphor are ointment in a much purer form.
This isn’t really an everyday, all over type of product but should be used only on areas that need some extreme TLC. I used it on my eyelids after they started peeling (disgusting!) and they were silky smooth only 2 days later.
7) Lancome Cils Booster xl: If you want those obnoxiously long, volumed lashes, often times your mascara will need some help. Lancome’s Cils Booster is the perfect base/ primer to help to achieve those big doll lashes you desire. I have been using it for years and really recommend it.
8) Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint: Despite being a makeup junkie, I have a hard time wearing lipstick and lip gloss. I just hate that feeling of something being on my lips! Thankfully Tarte LipSurgences have been the answer to my prayers. They feel just like chapstick and give me that natural flush of color that makes it look like I am put together. No more done up face, naked lips ever again!
I would love to hear what your favorite items are and would also be happy to answer any of your questions; just shoot me a comment!