Mascara is one of those items some women can’t leave the house without, but it’s one of those items I tend to skip if I am feeling lazy. It smudges on me so easily (both above and below my eyes), my lashes HAVE to be curled ahead of time, and a specific eye makeup remover MUST be used afterwards – it just becomes a process I can’t be bothered with.
In any case, I had a bunch of mascaras sitting in my mascara cup waiting to be used, and I FINALLY made myself use them up. For quick reference, I have short, Asian lashes and must use waterproof or smudge-proof mascara.
Here are some quick thoughts on them:
- Decently waterproof (not very much smudging)
- VERY little length, mostly volumizing, but it doesn’t claim to be a lengthening mascara anyways
- Will not repurchase as ideally I like mascaras that do both lengthening and volumizing
- Gets clumpy very easily, so it’s “no clumping” claims are unfounded
- Might pick up Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof one of these days as it’s one of our favorite beauty blogger RaeView’s fave
Fairy Drops Mascara (pink packaging with blue drawing)
- Very good at lengthening and volumizing
- Decently smudge-proof although definitely still smudges a little
- Will repurchase if it was more readily available in the US. Those living in Asia with easy access to Fairy Drops, I envy you.
- Not specifically a waterproof mascara, but still pretty good at not smudging
- Gave good length and volume
- Supposedly good for bottom lashes but as my bottom lashes are nonexistent, I’m not really sure
- Might repurchase if it was more readily available in the US
Bottom Line: I still like Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus the best and I’ve gone back to using that. I have a lot of mascaras that I stocked up on when I went to Asia, but I’m eager to try out some Maybelline fan favorites, namely The Falsies WP and The Colossal Cat Eyes WP.
What are your favorite mascaras?