Sephora is having their 20% off sale for members of their VIB loyalty program from November 8 to November 12, 2012. During this period, those who qualify as a VIB (annual spend greater than $350 on purchases linked to your loyalty account) can get 20% off any purchase. Needless to say, this is pretty exciting for beauty lovers. We usually go crazy during this time trying out new products, but we wanted to put out a brief recommendation list for those of you who might be looking for some inspiration.
Below are what we believe to be foundational beauty buys from Sephora:
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – GREAT concealer for blemishes and discoloration. Mini review here.
- Undereye concealer/brightener: Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair – perfect for light-medium skin tones for covering up mild under eye circles and brightening
- Brows: Anastasia Brow Wiz – So easy to use and portable. Mini review here.
- Face setting spray: Urban Decay De-Slick or All Nighter Setting Spray
- What we want to try: Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer
- Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette. Must have (see here).
- Stila In The Light Palette (more wearable than Urban Decay Naked 1 and comes with an amazing nearly smudge-proof eyeliner) or Urban Decay Naked 1 (because everyone needs to have it)
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray primer – Really effective skin-tinted eyeshadow AND under eye concealer primer
- Blush: NARS blush – notably the colors Deep Throat, Douceur, Madly, or Luster
- Bronzer: Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Bronzer in 01 Daydream – beautiful bronzer for light to light/medium skin tones; gives a natural glow and is super forgiving to use
- Highlight: Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond – if you’re going to highlight your face, you might as well have one of the best
- What we want to try: BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose – moisturizing, no parabens, gives a lovely rose tint
- What we want to try: YSL Sheer Candy
- Facial treatment: Sunday Riley Juno Transformative Lipid Serum – antioxidant-rich oil that leaves skin glowy. Mini review here.
- Face and body moisturizer: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – scent-free, paraben-free, very effective moisturizer
- What we want to try: SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion – alcohol-free toner for those with congested skin; contains Pitera, SK-II’s famous anti-aging ingredient
- Facial cleaning: Clarisonic Mia + brush heads
- Makeup application: beautyblender – your foundation will look flawless on your face!
- What we want to try: Sultra The Bombshell 1 inch curling wand
Fab Sephora VIB recommendation videos by two of our favorite Youtube beauty gurus:
What do you recommend? What’s on your wish list??
I love bronzers. It’s such an aspirational product for me – I would love to look like a bronze goddess all the time, and for the amount of bronzers I have, you’d think I would be. In reality, it’s one of my least used products, because I’m so lazy about applying it. Since it’s that time of year where it’s appropriate to look tanned and glowing all the time, I thought I’d showcase my current bronzer collection.
Overview of my bronzers…is 16 bad? Should I enroll myself in an addiction program? I’ve included some contour powders since they can be used for bronzing as well.
Cream bronzers below:
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel (top left) – you can even see the errant brush hair from my MAC 168 brush stuck in it from the 2 times I’ve used it
- MAC To the Beach Creme Bronzer in Beach Bronze (top right)
- NARS Cap Vert (bottom left)
- Vapour Organic Beauty Solar Translucent Bronzer in Mirage 221 and Simmer 222 (bottom middle and right)
Bronzers that are part of palettes:
- NARS Casino (bottom left of the Danmari palette)
- Josie Maran bronzer in Contoured (blush is Flushed)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Pink Power (from The Wonder Woman Collection)
- NARS Laguna (of course. top left)
- Edward Bess Daydream – it’s gorgeous. I really should use this. (top right)
- Benefit Hoola (2nd row left)
- Lancome Star Bronzer in 01 Suntan (2nd row middle) – another gorgeous bronzer
- Giorgio Armani Bronzer in #1 (2nd row, right)
- tarte mineral powder bronzer in hotel heiress (bottom left)
- Canmake Shading Powder in 01 (bottom middle) – technically a contouring powder
- MAC Blunt (bottom right) – got it originally to contour, but who am I kidding
Shamefully, most of these have only been swatched, or at most, used a few times each. Before I buy another bronzer/contour color (Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate in Intensity One and Dior Nude Healthy Glow Bronzer in 002 Sunlight may or may not be on my wish list…), I’m hoping to use some of my stash this summer.
What are your favorite bronzers? Or, do you have products you buy but don’t really use?