Sephora is having their 20% off sale for members of their VIB loyalty program from November 8 to November 12, 2012. During this period, those who qualify as a VIB (annual spend greater than $350 on purchases linked to your loyalty account) can get 20% off any purchase. Needless to say, this is pretty exciting for beauty lovers. We usually go crazy during this time trying out new products, but we wanted to put out a brief recommendation list for those of you who might be looking for some inspiration.
Below are what we believe to be foundational beauty buys from Sephora:
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – GREAT concealer for blemishes and discoloration. Mini review here.
- Undereye concealer/brightener: Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair – perfect for light-medium skin tones for covering up mild under eye circles and brightening
- Brows: Anastasia Brow Wiz – So easy to use and portable. Mini review here.
- Face setting spray: Urban Decay De-Slick or All Nighter Setting Spray
- What we want to try: Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer
- Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette. Must have (see here).
- Stila In The Light Palette (more wearable than Urban Decay Naked 1 and comes with an amazing nearly smudge-proof eyeliner) or Urban Decay Naked 1 (because everyone needs to have it)
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray primer – Really effective skin-tinted eyeshadow AND under eye concealer primer
- Blush: NARS blush – notably the colors Deep Throat, Douceur, Madly, or Luster
- Bronzer: Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Bronzer in 01 Daydream – beautiful bronzer for light to light/medium skin tones; gives a natural glow and is super forgiving to use
- Highlight: Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond – if you’re going to highlight your face, you might as well have one of the best
- What we want to try: BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose – moisturizing, no parabens, gives a lovely rose tint
- What we want to try: YSL Sheer Candy
- Facial treatment: Sunday Riley Juno Transformative Lipid Serum – antioxidant-rich oil that leaves skin glowy. Mini review here.
- Face and body moisturizer: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – scent-free, paraben-free, very effective moisturizer
- What we want to try: SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion – alcohol-free toner for those with congested skin; contains Pitera, SK-II’s famous anti-aging ingredient
- Facial cleaning: Clarisonic Mia + brush heads
- Makeup application: beautyblender – your foundation will look flawless on your face!
- What we want to try: Sultra The Bombshell 1 inch curling wand
Fab Sephora VIB recommendation videos by two of our favorite Youtube beauty gurus:
What do you recommend? What’s on your wish list??
Have you noticed that there are more products out with oil as the focus ingredient recently (or maybe I’m just noticing it more)? Mimi has already talked about how obsessed with oils she is, but I’ve just started warming up to it this spring as my skin has been getting extremely dry. I’ve been using some sort of an oil product all over, and I’m really enjoying them!
Face – I have combination/oily skin, so I don’t need heavy duty moisturizers. I really enjoy using a face oil as a moisturizer/treatment in the evening. Currently, I’ve been really liking Sunday Riley Juno Transformative Lipid Serum. It is a celebrity favorite and has a lot of great ingredients (such as oils extremely high in natural retinol, Vitamin C, Essential Amino Acids, Omega-3, 6, & 9, UV shields, and natural anti-inflammatory agents). It claims to give “luminous skin and an obsession worthy glow”, and while I would typically scoff at that kind of a claim, IT REALLY DOES DO THAT. It is natural and doesn’t have a heavy scent (which I can REALLY appreciate), but the smell takes getting used to, like oregano or freshly sharpened pencils. And at $125, it’s not cheap. Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog has a great review about it here. However, I still highly recommend this to anyone who wants to try a luxury face oil that, in my experience, actually does what it says.
I’ve also used Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate before, and for a less expensive option, that one works really great too. It smells like lavender, which I am a huge fan of.
Body – I’ve had the Josie Maran Argan Oil for quite awhile, and at first I used it on my face, but I found that it didn’t sink into my face very well so I left it discarded in a drawer. I picked it up again on a whim a few months ago and started mixing a few drops with my body moisturizer, and IT’S AMAZING. I typically only mix it to the lotion I put on my arms and hands (where I’m the most dry), and it feels so luxe and moisturizing. This argan oil is 100% organic from Morocco, and is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids. I really like this product, and I’ll likely repurchase again when I run out. (Note: Josie Maran is having 22% off everything on her site until 4/22/12, Earth Day! Use coupon code loveearth)
Hair – I’ve been using Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo, and it smells just like the perfume L’Eau D’Issey by Issey Miyake. To be honest, I prefer a more natural scent, but I wanted to try the shampoo out. It’s paraben free and silicone free. It’s great at leaving my oily hair feel really clean and not leaving a residue, but at $55 for 13.4 fl oz, I won’t be repurchasing without some sort of a coupon code. I’m using up a Phyto conditioner (not anything to write home about) and then using the Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil when I lightly blow dry my hair. I have pretty healthy hair in general (I don’t dye it and rarely heat style it), so I can’t say if this is THAT nourishing, but it leaves my long hair extremely shiny and smooth. It was also pretty pricey too, but I might consider repurchasing this because I like the results, and the bottle lasts a long time.
All in all, I’m pretty happy with these products and will enjoy using them while I have them. Because of their high price points, I’m not sure I would recommend them to everyone, but if these fall within your budget, then I highly recommend trying them!
Do you use any oils in your routines?