Tom Ford makes the most expensive color cosmetics products we’ve ever tried. We reluctantly love his lipsticks (amazing but incredibly pricey), and recently we dabbled into his eyeshadow quads. Here’s the marketing blurb on the eyeshadow quads:
The centerpiece of the Tom Ford color collection. Each Eye Color Quad is designed with four opulent complementing shades that achieve multiple looks, from a bold, smoky eye, to a sultry slash of color and everything in between. Formulated with advanced color processes, the four luxurious finishes—sheer sparkle, satin, shimmer and matte—offer a spectrum of intensity and effects and deliver incredible shade fidelity and outstanding adhesion. Two custom applicators included.
Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in 02 Cognac Sable is a beautiful eyeshadow quad – it’s very warm and comprises a peach shade, a sparkly copper shade, a warm chocolatey brown with shimmers, and a medium brown with shimmers. It’s GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. The second picture below was taken in direct sunlight, so it washes out the colors a bit, but you can definitely see the intense shimmer and sparkle in the shadows. This is NOT for someone who does not like shimmery eyeshadows, to say the least!
All the colors applied really well. Because of the shimmer and glitter content, it’s not an eyeshadow quad that is suitable for everyday use on its own – you could definitely use the 3 shimmery shades and mix it with some plain matte shadows for a more work/school-appropriate look, but if you just wanted to use this one palette, it may be a bit much. However, for any other occasion (party, night out, etc.), it would be perfect. Check out a look by Youtube beauty guru Raeview using this quad – we tried it, and it looked AMAZING (tutorial starts around the 13 minute mark).
Priced at $75, it’s a very luxe product and is worth checking out if you are comfortable with the price point. For the rest of us, it’s an item best left for your holiday wish list.
Have you tried Tom Ford Eye Color Quads?
There’s a tag floating around the beauty virtual world on “10 makeup products I would repurchase” if I lost all of my makeup. The intent is to show what products are truly your go-to products, beyond monthly favorites, that you absolutely must have. Here goes!
- Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Glow – Despite the hefty price tag of $64, this really is the best base I’ve used. On a daily basis for a light coverage, this is my go-to product. I keep thinking this may not be worth it, but I have consistently been asked by other women what I’m using to make my face so glowy when I’m wearing this.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige – I use this all over my face to cover discoloration and blemishes. It’s again, another super pricey product at $70, but the retractable stick form is so easy for me to apply with my fingers. It’s also highly pigmented so the stick lasts for A LONG TIME. If I were to use it under my eyes, I might get shade Ivory for that brightening effect, but I’m happy with Beige.
- Majolica Majorca SPF 18+ Skin Remaker Pore Cover in OC20 – This is a sub-brand of Shiseido, and I’ve come to REALLY like their products. I use shade OC20, and it’s perfect. I use this to set my makeup, and it really does create a near flawless finish. One note – you have to buy the gold case separately.
- Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush – in shade Orchid Rose or Rose Initiale. I am a blush junkie and rarely wear the same blush two days in a row. I have a hard time picking which blush I would repurchase (I will never go through a blush), but if I were to pick just ONE, then I would pick a Chanel Joues Contraste. I don’t wear my Chanel blushes often, but every time I do, I wonder why I don’t. It’s so finely milled and leaves your cheeks with a natural, beautiful glow.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash – The thin pencil makes penciling in the eyebrow so easy and natural. It’s also a very natural eyebrow color for those with very dark brown hair with no red tones.
- Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus – This is a fantastic mascara for those of us with short lashes that resist holding a curl. It lengthens REALLY WELL and keeps a curl like no other. It’s very water resistant and does not smudge.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette – Out of all the eyeshadow palettes I have, this is truly the one eyeshadow palette that you need to do multiple neutral to smokey eyes and everything in between.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner – A great eyeliner, but not smudge proof or waterproof by any means. Works better for me than Urban Decay 24/7 and Make Up For Ever Aqua liners. Still needs to be set by an eyeshadow.
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Blush Nude – My light pinky-nude lipstick of choice for a night out. Never fails to make me feel put together. Needs a gloss on top.
- Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish Spray – With extremely oily skin, I NEED to set my makeup. Leaves my face looking glowy, not oily. Love. I currently have the Dance Active Makeup Spray version, but I prefer No More Shine. Urban Decay De-Slick has the same effect.
What are makeup products that you would repurchase?? If you’ve done this tag already, please share with us in the comments!