There’s a tag floating around the beauty virtual world on “10 makeup products I would repurchase” if I lost all of my makeup. The intent is to show what products are truly your go-to products, beyond monthly favorites, that you absolutely must have. Here goes!
- Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Glow – Despite the hefty price tag of $64, this really is the best base I’ve used. On a daily basis for a light coverage, this is my go-to product. I keep thinking this may not be worth it, but I have consistently been asked by other women what I’m using to make my face so glowy when I’m wearing this.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige – I use this all over my face to cover discoloration and blemishes. It’s again, another super pricey product at $70, but the retractable stick form is so easy for me to apply with my fingers. It’s also highly pigmented so the stick lasts for A LONG TIME. If I were to use it under my eyes, I might get shade Ivory for that brightening effect, but I’m happy with Beige.
- Majolica Majorca SPF 18+ Skin Remaker Pore Cover in OC20 – This is a sub-brand of Shiseido, and I’ve come to REALLY like their products. I use shade OC20, and it’s perfect. I use this to set my makeup, and it really does create a near flawless finish. One note – you have to buy the gold case separately.
- Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush – in shade Orchid Rose or Rose Initiale. I am a blush junkie and rarely wear the same blush two days in a row. I have a hard time picking which blush I would repurchase (I will never go through a blush), but if I were to pick just ONE, then I would pick a Chanel Joues Contraste. I don’t wear my Chanel blushes often, but every time I do, I wonder why I don’t. It’s so finely milled and leaves your cheeks with a natural, beautiful glow.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash – The thin pencil makes penciling in the eyebrow so easy and natural. It’s also a very natural eyebrow color for those with very dark brown hair with no red tones.
- Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus – This is a fantastic mascara for those of us with short lashes that resist holding a curl. It lengthens REALLY WELL and keeps a curl like no other. It’s very water resistant and does not smudge.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette – Out of all the eyeshadow palettes I have, this is truly the one eyeshadow palette that you need to do multiple neutral to smokey eyes and everything in between.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner – A great eyeliner, but not smudge proof or waterproof by any means. Works better for me than Urban Decay 24/7 and Make Up For Ever Aqua liners. Still needs to be set by an eyeshadow.
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Blush Nude – My light pinky-nude lipstick of choice for a night out. Never fails to make me feel put together. Needs a gloss on top.
- Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish Spray – With extremely oily skin, I NEED to set my makeup. Leaves my face looking glowy, not oily. Love. I currently have the Dance Active Makeup Spray version, but I prefer No More Shine. Urban Decay De-Slick has the same effect.
What are makeup products that you would repurchase?? If you’ve done this tag already, please share with us in the comments!
As the temperature rises, we’re all about quick, easy glowy skin using cream products. Who wants to put on layers of makeup only to sweat it off a few minutes later? Here are the products I’ve been reaching for to achieve a summer glow:
SUPER by Dr. Perricone Sun Kissed SPF 25 – This is going to be my go-to sunscreen for the summer. It has an amazing sun kissed tint with very slight shimmers and is free of parabens, propylene glycol, mineral oil, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic dyes and fragrances. I first saw this on The Gloss Goss, and Tali has a great swatch of it here. I HIGHLY recommend this!
tarte smooth operator Amazonian clay tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 (in shade Agent 14) – As you can see from the picture, I’m almost done with this. I love this tinted moisturizer for very light, imperceptible coverage. It blends in really well into the skin, so I opted for a darker color to give me a slight tint. Formulated without mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, synthetic dye, and synthetic fragrance. I have quite a lot of tinted moisturizers to go through, but once I’m done with them, I will likely repurchase this.
clé de peau concealer (in Beige) – At $70, this is an extremely pricey concealer, and NOT worth it. I use it because it’s in a stick form and easy to carry around with me. I definitely would not recommend my friends to spend the money on this – it is a nice concealer but not worth the price.
Skindanavia No More Shine Makeup Finish spray – I have oily/combo skin and I use this to hold my base in place.
NARS The Multiple in Orgasm – I LOVE NARS Multiples. I have 4 or 5. They are great for quick application and add such lovely color + shimmer to the face. Just swipe on cheeks and blend in with fingers.
RMS Beauty Living Luminizer – We can’t talk about summertime glow without a highlight. This all natural, cream highlight adds a healthy (yes, we have to say it again) glow to the face. Apply with fingers to the upper cheekbones and underneath the brow bone.
No eye makeup – just simple, quick glowy skin. Maybe mascara if I’m feeling particularly motivated, but with the summer heat, it’ll probably sweat off.
How do you achieve a summer glow?