Mascara is one of those items some women can’t leave the house without, but it’s one of those items I tend to skip if I am feeling lazy. It smudges on me so easily (both above and below my eyes), my lashes HAVE to be curled ahead of time, and a specific eye makeup remover MUST be used afterwards – it just becomes a process I can’t be bothered with.
In any case, I had a bunch of mascaras sitting in my mascara cup waiting to be used, and I FINALLY made myself use them up. For quick reference, I have short, Asian lashes and must use waterproof or smudge-proof mascara.
Here are some quick thoughts on them:
- Decently waterproof (not very much smudging)
- VERY little length, mostly volumizing, but it doesn’t claim to be a lengthening mascara anyways
- Will not repurchase as ideally I like mascaras that do both lengthening and volumizing
- Gets clumpy very easily, so it’s “no clumping” claims are unfounded
- Might pick up Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof one of these days as it’s one of our favorite beauty blogger RaeView’s fave
Fairy Drops Mascara (pink packaging with blue drawing)
- Very good at lengthening and volumizing
- Decently smudge-proof although definitely still smudges a little
- Will repurchase if it was more readily available in the US. Those living in Asia with easy access to Fairy Drops, I envy you.
- Not specifically a waterproof mascara, but still pretty good at not smudging
- Gave good length and volume
- Supposedly good for bottom lashes but as my bottom lashes are nonexistent, I’m not really sure
- Might repurchase if it was more readily available in the US
Bottom Line: I still like Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus the best and I’ve gone back to using that. I have a lot of mascaras that I stocked up on when I went to Asia, but I’m eager to try out some Maybelline fan favorites, namely The Falsies WP and The Colossal Cat Eyes WP.
What are your favorite mascaras?
I love bronzers. It’s such an aspirational product for me – I would love to look like a bronze goddess all the time, and for the amount of bronzers I have, you’d think I would be. In reality, it’s one of my least used products, because I’m so lazy about applying it. Since it’s that time of year where it’s appropriate to look tanned and glowing all the time, I thought I’d showcase my current bronzer collection.
Overview of my bronzers…is 16 bad? Should I enroll myself in an addiction program? I’ve included some contour powders since they can be used for bronzing as well.
Cream bronzers below:
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel (top left) – you can even see the errant brush hair from my MAC 168 brush stuck in it from the 2 times I’ve used it
- MAC To the Beach Creme Bronzer in Beach Bronze (top right)
- NARS Cap Vert (bottom left)
- Vapour Organic Beauty Solar Translucent Bronzer in Mirage 221 and Simmer 222 (bottom middle and right)
Bronzers that are part of palettes:
- NARS Casino (bottom left of the Danmari palette)
- Josie Maran bronzer in Contoured (blush is Flushed)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Pink Power (from The Wonder Woman Collection)
- NARS Laguna (of course. top left)
- Edward Bess Daydream – it’s gorgeous. I really should use this. (top right)
- Benefit Hoola (2nd row left)
- Lancome Star Bronzer in 01 Suntan (2nd row middle) – another gorgeous bronzer
- Giorgio Armani Bronzer in #1 (2nd row, right)
- tarte mineral powder bronzer in hotel heiress (bottom left)
- Canmake Shading Powder in 01 (bottom middle) – technically a contouring powder
- MAC Blunt (bottom right) – got it originally to contour, but who am I kidding
Shamefully, most of these have only been swatched, or at most, used a few times each. Before I buy another bronzer/contour color (Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate in Intensity One and Dior Nude Healthy Glow Bronzer in 002 Sunlight may or may not be on my wish list…), I’m hoping to use some of my stash this summer.
What are your favorite bronzers? Or, do you have products you buy but don’t really use?