Sephora is having their 20% off sale for members of their VIB loyalty program from November 8 to November 12, 2012. During this period, those who qualify as a VIB (annual spend greater than $350 on purchases linked to your loyalty account) can get 20% off any purchase. Needless to say, this is pretty exciting for beauty lovers. We usually go crazy during this time trying out new products, but we wanted to put out a brief recommendation list for those of you who might be looking for some inspiration.
Below are what we believe to be foundational beauty buys from Sephora:
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – GREAT concealer for blemishes and discoloration. Mini review here.
- Undereye concealer/brightener: Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair – perfect for light-medium skin tones for covering up mild under eye circles and brightening
- Brows: Anastasia Brow Wiz – So easy to use and portable. Mini review here.
- Face setting spray: Urban Decay De-Slick or All Nighter Setting Spray
- What we want to try: Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer
- Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette. Must have (see here).
- Stila In The Light Palette (more wearable than Urban Decay Naked 1 and comes with an amazing nearly smudge-proof eyeliner) or Urban Decay Naked 1 (because everyone needs to have it)
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray primer – Really effective skin-tinted eyeshadow AND under eye concealer primer
- Blush: NARS blush – notably the colors Deep Throat, Douceur, Madly, or Luster
- Bronzer: Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Bronzer in 01 Daydream – beautiful bronzer for light to light/medium skin tones; gives a natural glow and is super forgiving to use
- Highlight: Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond – if you’re going to highlight your face, you might as well have one of the best
- What we want to try: BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose – moisturizing, no parabens, gives a lovely rose tint
- What we want to try: YSL Sheer Candy
- Facial treatment: Sunday Riley Juno Transformative Lipid Serum – antioxidant-rich oil that leaves skin glowy. Mini review here.
- Face and body moisturizer: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – scent-free, paraben-free, very effective moisturizer
- What we want to try: SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion – alcohol-free toner for those with congested skin; contains Pitera, SK-II’s famous anti-aging ingredient
- Facial cleaning: Clarisonic Mia + brush heads
- Makeup application: beautyblender – your foundation will look flawless on your face!
- What we want to try: Sultra The Bombshell 1 inch curling wand
Fab Sephora VIB recommendation videos by two of our favorite Youtube beauty gurus:
What do you recommend? What’s on your wish list??
Do you keep a wish list of things you want to try? For the past few years, I’ve kept a running wish list of beauty products I want to get, and every now and then if I see something I like I’ll add it to the list, or take something off. This way I try to think about items for awhile before I get it. I love trying new products, and I try to balance that with being practical. Here’s my current makeup wish list with links to some of my favorite beauty blogs that have featured them:
- Chanel Illusion d’Ombre eyeshadows – These have been out since last year, but I still haven’t tried them yet. I’m particularly interested in trying out 86 Ebloui, 85 Mirifique, and 82 Emerveille.
- Clarins Instant Lip Perfector – #1, 2, 3 are all supposedly amazing.
- Sunday Riley Crème Gloss Sheer Impact Lip Colors – After seeing Mimi’s post on her lip gloss in Beach Front, I had to go to Barney’s to swatch these for myself… and thus Pink Lemonade and Vacay are on the list.
- Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick in 170N Sequence of Love – Do I need another red lipstick? No. Have I even worn a red lipstick out in public? Not since the 8th grade when I secretly wore my sister’s MAC lipstick to summer school. Still, it’s really pretty.
- Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palettes – in 06 Les Fumes and 05 Les Gris. Look at the links and tell me those palettes don’t look gorgeous.
- YSL Effet Faux Cils Longwear Cream Eyeliner in #5 Cherry Black – I find that cream/gel liners are much easier than liquid liners for me to apply, and I’ve been wanting to try out a burgundy version (to do this look by Lisa Eldridge). This YSL one has been touted as the best so I’m curious to see how it compares to my Bobbi Brown gel liner.
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation SPF 15 PA+++ in OC2 – Super natural, supposedly amazing. I totally don’t need another foundation but this is next on my list to try.
What’s on your makeup wish list??