The month of February was mainly about taking care of the skin on my face and body. I was plagued with hormonal breakouts so had to give my skincare trials a break and focus on clearing that up, and the weather has been super dry so I’ve been forced to moisturize nearly daily, which is a new record for me. Also, I left some items in my shower, so those are not pictured.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar K – This was one of the products that Mimi gave me in our product swap, and I’ve really been liking it! It’s 1.5% salicylic acid and feels gentle on my skin. It’s not fast-acting but seems to get the job done. It has a “fresh” scent that all other La Roche Posay products have; I’m not a huge fan of that but that won’t keep me from using it up.
- Clarisonic Deep Pore Brush Head – I’ve previously used only the sensitive brush head, but I switched at the beginning of February and am LOVING the Deep Pore Brush Head!! It feels softer than the sensitive head, and my blackheads do seem less than usual.
- Albion Skin Conditioner – I don’t know WHAT this toner does but it’s amazing. My face feels like it can absorb the products I use after this so much easier, and my skin looks visibly more moisturized and supple. I only use this at night.
- The Body Shop Body Butter in Brazil Nut – My body has been unbearably dry and this has been doing a GREAT job of keeping it moisturized and supple. It does have parabens in it, so I’m just trying to use it up and won’t be repurchasing.
- LUSH Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner – I love that this one step in the shower moisturizes my body, and I love the smell.
- LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids soap – One of my favorite soaps of all time; couldn’t get enough of this smell this month.
- Phyto Phytodensium Shampoo – Still loving this shampoo. When I use it, it seems that my daily hair fallout is less. However, I have noticed that it can create a lot of build up in my hair, so I use this about every 3 shampoos and in between use a more clarifying shampoo (one that is clear, not creamy).
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Blush Nude – I try using other light nudey lip colors but always go back to this one. It’s just really the perfect shade of pink nude that looks nice if you’ve got heavier eye makeup on.
- Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Big Money – I LOVE this glitter nail polish!! Two coats gives you exactly what you see in the bottle – I could not help staring at this while I had it on. The combination of gold with purple is strange but so pretty. HIGHLY recommend this if you want an opaque glitter nail polish! This Gem Crush line has other colors too, in case gold with purple isn’t your thing.
- Revlon Nail Polish in Starry Pink (renamed Popular) – I had this on my nails for about 1/4 of the month and really loved it. It’s a nice, soft pink with silver glitter of differing sizes. Felt very feminine and playful.
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with LUSH – I think the products are creative and innovative, and I like the company values – however, the products are pretty pricey. For those reasons, I think it makes for a great gifting store, and I TRY not to buy it for myself.
I got really into LUSH a couple of years ago and tried what seemed like everything suitable for my skin type in the store. The skincare didn’t do much of anything for me, but I really do love the body and hair care products. I picked up Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner on a whim last week and am really enjoying it, so I figured I’d share the LUSH products I love and have repurchased.
Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner – This is an ideal product for me – I like to think of it as body moisturizing for the lazy 😉 This essentially works like a hair conditioner but for your body – you apply it to your skin in the shower (just step away from the water stream a bit) and wait a few minutes (I use this time to wash my face with my Clarisonic Mia). After you rinse it off and pat dry, you are left with soft, moisturized skin that smells AMAZING!! I am not a fan of normal rose scents, but this one pairs really well with the soap I use with this (below) and leans sweet with a hint of floral. As a bonus, this leaves my bathroom smelling lovely for hours.
Honey I Washed the Kids – This is by far my FAVORITE soap from LUSH – it lathers super nicely and smells SOO GOOD. The caramely honey scent lingers on my skin for a few hours after I shower – can’t get enough of it. I try to stock up on this after the LUSH after Christmas sale (starts every December 26th!), but I inevitably run out during the year and am forced to run out and get it as I like to always have this on hand. If you prefer shower gel, they have one called It’s Raining Men that smells just like this.
Seanik Shampoo Bar – I wrote about this before – it’s my favorite shampoo bar, and I’ve repurchased this 2 or 3 times. Shampoo bars are great because they don’t require packaging, and this one works just as well as any shampoo for me. I just rub it into my wet hair in the shower, and after it lathers, just use as a regular liquid shampoo. It cleans well and leaves my hair volumized. It’s also great for traveling since it’s not a liquid.
Jungle Solid Conditioner – I also love to travel with this (as an aside, I used to travel weekly for work, and I’d always bring my own shampoo, conditioner, and soap so I can have familiar scents with me – helps keep life on the road a little more sane for me). I just cut it into small pieces and heat it up in my hands right before I want to use it, then apply to the ends of my hair. It conditions well enough, but what I like most about it is the scent and the portability.
Big Shampoo – This shampoo gives you SERIOUS VOLUME!! The main notable ingredients are sea salt and lime juice, so it can be a bit stripping on your hair. I recommend using it once or twice per week, or reserve for special occasions when you want the extra boost.
Coconut Powder Deodorant – This is an honorable mention because I’ve only purchased this once (last summer), but I will probably get it again this year. I got this when I first was getting into natural personal care products, and this seems pretty natural. You just take a bit of powder and apply it as a normal deodorant. It works well and smells of coconut cream – such a nice smell in the summertime. It’s also good for travel or your gym bag since you can put it in a smaller container and take it with you.
I’ve tried nearly all of the bath bombs, bubble bars, and bath melts, and I think they are pretty nice – just depends on what scent you like.
Do you have any LUSH products in your beautybagg? What are your favorites?